slob tags

slob music

slob ads

Monday, April 16, 2007

leader of free world almost blows himself up; no one notices


This is an old story, first running in the Detroit News April 7th, but the fact the story is still noteworthy makes it all the more ridiculous.

Fearless leader George W. Bush, VP Dick Cheney and Ford Motor Company CEO Alan Mulally were recently nearly consumed in a blazing hydrogen inferno. After a sort of auto company alternative fuel summit, Mulally wanted Bush to demonstrate the simplicity of Ford's new hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid. However, an absent-minded aide had left the electric cord too close to the fuel tank.

Fortunately, Mulally was there to save the day:

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"


Have you heard this story? I sure haven't. How can the two most powerful people in the world nearly microwave their internal organs and no one talks about it? I did a bit of research, and while a few satire mags did Hindenburg jokes (like the one I was formerly so proud of), there were no "Hydrogen cars are an Al-Qaeda Plot" jokes on Colbert, or "Nancy Pelosi was a spark away from becoming President" gags on the Daily show (that I know of).

Hell, when the President tried to open a locked door in China, it was front page news for a week.

However, if the explosion occurred it would have been a fitting swan song the Ford Motor Company.

Via The Detroit News

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home