slob tags

slob music

slob ads

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

i'm ready for web 3.0

Check out this Web 2.0 Logo Generator. Unfortunately, it's not as good as this Emo Band Name Generator, but still clever. It makes its point, too: the plethora of homogenous "next-YouTube" sites are all basically the same crap (see TechCrunch for ongoing coverage of the same ideas repeated over and over with different venture capital each time).

On the flipside, now I have an excuse to label this post as follows:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger zp said...

Every site wants to be a social network now.

Even The Hype Machine (if you're not familiar, it's a music blog aggregator) is introducing a social networking element.

Why would I want to have a search-able profile on an aggregator site. Just give me my free mp3s and let me go!

There's already a billion sites and services that claim to find other individuals with similar taste in music: Amazon, iTunes, last.fm, even you're Zune will do it!

I tend to find those people on my own. Ya know, in person? I call them "friends."

4/4/07, 7:43 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

don't be so dismissive zp! i'm not familiar with the hype machine, but socially networked news sounds genius to me ... i don't use last.fm to find people with the same taste in music as me ... the profiles just give me more music to listen to that's similar to what i like ... the same thing with news would be great

4/4/07, 8:23 AM  
Blogger qilou said...

Good post on PSFK: Why does everyone want to be the next YouTube?

4/4/07, 12:47 PM  
Blogger zp said...

Yeah, sorry so negative...

4/4/07, 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home